You can set up a photo album grid in the The Grid 2. It uses a mixture of word list cells and screen captures to show your picture files. These pictures can be pictures you have taken yourself or pictures from the internet.
Step 1: Make a new grid
- Open your chosen user, browse to Edit in the menu bar and select Editing Mode
- Select any empty cell to use as a jump to your photo album.
- Select Create a jump cell from the Cell Options (on the left).
- Select New Grid, give your grid a name and select OK
- Select the new grid and press Open.
- Press the red Stop editing button on the task bar and save all changes.
You can now select the new cell to jump to the new grid we made.
Step 2: Set up the photo grid
- Enter Editing Mode, select an empty cell and using the squares on each side, resize the cell until it covers most of the grid.
- Select Auto content – Word List from the Cell Options on the left hand side.
- Select another cell and select Edit cell from the Cell Options.
- Select add a command, and search for More Auto content in the window that appears.
- Select the More auto content cells command from the list and press OK.
- Select Ok again from the Edit Cell window and then exit Editing Mode.
The large cell will be where the pictures are displayed. The More auto content cells button will allow you to scroll through your photos.
Step 3: Add some pictures
- From the menu bar at the top of the screen, select Auto content – Word list for this grid.
- Select Add New Word.
- Enter a description of the photo that you are going to add and press Change Picture
- Select Screen Capture.
The Grid 2 will disappear, and you will only have the Capture Picture window on the screen. Move this window to one side, and find the picture that you wish to use. It could be on a digital camera or from the Internet, but you should arrange that it is showing at about the size you want it to display in The Grid 2. Once you have got your photo on the screen:
Note: if your picture is already saved on your device, you can select Browse for File to add your saved picture, without needing to use the screen capture steps below.
- Select Capture.
- Select and drag the mouse to draw a box around the picture.
- Select Ok.
Last Revision: 25.10.2021