If you have set Grid 3 to load with Windows during your free trial, this setting cannot be changed once your trial expires. This is because you no longer have access to the Grid 3 Settings.
To resolve this, we will need to edit the registry. Note: incorrect changes to the registry can result in system instability and complete system failure. Please contact Smartbox Support if you need any help following the steps in this article.
- Search in the Windows Start menu for regedit. Select Registry Editor.
- Select File – Export. This will let you save a copy of the registry as it stands now, to act as a backup.
- Using the arrows on the left hand side (below Computer), browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run – and ensure the Run key is highlighted on the left hand side.
- Right click (press and hold with the touch screen) on the Grid 3 entry, and select Delete.
5. Restart your device and the Grid 3 will not start with Windows.
Last Revision: 14.01.2022