iCloud email accounts require 2-step authentication for all email applications, including Grid 3. They also require an app specific password for Grid 3 to use to login with.
- Browse to https://appleid.apple.com/ in any browser outside of Grid 3 and select the Apple ID field below the Manage your Apple account heading.
- Enter your iCloud Mail email address in the Apple ID field and select the arrow.
- Enter your iCloud Mail password into the Password field and select the arrow.
- If prompted, enter your answers to the security questions
- Under Security – Two Factor Authentication select Get started…
- Select the correct country code from the drop down menu at the top of the screen and then enter a valid phone number in the second box.
Note: a mobile phone number is required for Text Message verification, but a landline can be used for phone calls.
- Select either Text message or Phone call and then press Continue
- Enter the verification code sent via your chosen method and press Continue
You will then need to create an app specific password for Grid 3:
- Select the Generate Password… option beneath the App-Specific Passwords heading in the Security section.
- Enter a label/name for this password, we recommend using Grid 3 so you can track it later, then select Create
- A 16 character password will appear on screen, this is the password you will need to enter into Grid 3 when connecting your email account.
Last Revision: 14.01.2022